Our consulting services and projects development cover the entire scope of agriculture, food and nutrition security, environmental conservation and rural development including the various sectors and sub-sectors.
We offer following services:
RCID has a comprehensive portfolio of expertise in research, studies, consultancies and project development and management, extension services, technical and training services to public and private sector, farmer based organizations and civil society through the embedded administrative departments for socio-economic and policy analysis various researches, consultation, project implementation, project evaluation, developing communication material, conducting training and extension activities for the stakeholders as required through 5 divisions as follows:
Our expertise and services and practices
- Assessment, Evaluation, advisory services and mainstreaming of national agricultural and food and nutrition security policies and strategies and implementation frameworks.
- Strategic Orientation for Farmers organization, cooperatives, CBOs and CSOs towards national development programmes;
- Action research and advocacy for agricultural value chains, food and nutrition security and market access.
- Institutional development and capacity building for agricultural and food security based organizations and local authorities
- Entrepreneurial feasibility studies, and business development for rural based cooperatives and projects
- Socio-economic impact assessment, feasibility and baseline studies, results based monitoring and evaluation and Mid and Endline evaluations of projects and programmes.
Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture sector support, project and programme development.
Household food availability
Food and Nutrition Early Warning (Satellite and drone Imaging for crop monitoring)
Eradication of Malnutrition through established government and international programmes
Promote availability, access, consumption and stability for food, of diverse nutritious and safe foods; by supporting communities to build resilient livelihoods.
Capacity Building on processing, storage and preservation to retain nutritional value
Crop and livestock diversification for better nutrition
Social protection for food and nutrition security ;
Nutrition education at school and home gardens;
Strengthening of District Plans to Eliminate Malnutrition and other local programmes which promote food and nutrition security.
Behaviour Change Communication practices for promotion of food and nutrition security.
Research based interventions in food and nutrition security.
Focus areas of expertize
- Environmental Education and Awareness
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Climate Change Mainstreaming
- Development and implementation of agricultural programs for sustainability and resilience.
- Integrated Water resources management and Irrigation
- Climate mart Agriculture(CSA)
- Agroecology practices
- Organic farming;
- Bamboo Farming
- Renewable energy
- Disaster Management
Focus areas of expertize:
- Sustainable agricultural intensification
- Integrated soil Fertility Management (ISFM)
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Revitalization and Strengthening of Agricultural extension systems
- Farmers’ organizations strengthening;
- Training Needs Assessment
- Training materials and tools development
- Training and Capacity Building of service providers (TOT) and rural communities;
- Agriculture Technical Vocational Education Training (ATVET)
- Capacity building of farmers, cooperatives, extension service providers &SMEs
- Technology dissemination and Agricultural information services (Satellite, GIS, ICT, Drones);
- Strengthening Women and Youth in Agriculture.
Focus areas of expertize:
- Diversification of rural economies,
- Rural Entrepreneurship development
- Farming is a business
- Agribusiness & entrepreneurship
- Agriculture marketing
- Agriculture Finance
- Crop Post-harvest management
- Inputs and outputs markets
- Agriculture and livestock insurance
- Agricultural Value Chain analysis